CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
71563194

I have been a member of Kaiser Permanente years. They

Customer Question

I have been a member of Kaiser Permanente for 30 years. They are for some reason not refilling my blood pressure medication. If I have a stroke because I do not have medication, do I have a case?
Sincerely, *****
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer, thank you for using our service. I would like to assist you today. Responses may have a short delay for review and research.
I am sorry to learn of this, your dispute is unusual, this provider generally has a fairly high satisfaction rate for consumers, and if you are having problem with one provider, you can usually transfer to a different provider with little to no problem.
You can also contact their internal Ombudsman for assistance.
However, if you are having trouble, California does have an agency that oversees managed health (including Kaiser), and you can submit a complaint regarding your health care there: http://www.dmhc.ca.gov/fileacomplaint.aspx#.VXZan1WUzGc
If you do suffer medical complications due to their failure to provide your medications, yes, it is possible that you would have a claim, medical malpractice claims are complex (as causation is always complicated to establish), but that doesn't mean it is impossible to do. But I do hope that it doesn't come to that, and that you are able to get the medication you need quickly.