socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

My parents live in Florida my dad has dementia. was sold expensive

Customer Question

my parents live in Florida my dad has dementia. was sold expensive air purifier on a Thursday night we tried to call to return all weekend no answers and the following Tuesday they came out and would not take it back said the 3 day period was up we are contesting with credit card co it is not been resolved yet. they would not return phone calls trying to return ...now its been over 60 days. there business is about 2 hours away. Is it to late to just mail it back?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Is the merchant located in Florida?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes at my dad's house
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Okay, thanks. Typically, if a credit card purchase occurs in the account holder's home state, the credit card issuer is very likely to credit the holder's account, because federal law permits the holder to sue the credit card issuer, instead of the merchant, for a transaction that goes wrong.In order to rescind the sale, you would have to return the merchandise -- which means mailing it back to the merchant. It would have been better if you had sent the device back before sending a dispute letter to the credit card issuer. If you have not sent a written dispute letter by mail, but only called the credit card issuer, then you can protect your rights by sending a letter. Concerning your request for a phone call, I don't believe that this is necessary. Moreover, my fees for phone consults are quite high. Probably not what you need for this sort of a dispute. I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using justanswer.com!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
don't call.... one question.... is 90 days to0 late to return merchandise to get full credit
A credit card dispute must be sent by mail to the credit card issuer no later than sixty days from the date that the transaction appears on the cardholder's account statement. It's best to have returned the merchandise, before sending your dispute letter to the credit card issuer. Hope this helps.