Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

Consumer Energy unfairly charged me an extra 2 months

Customer Question

Consumer Energy unfairly charged me an extra 2 months for a cabin in 2014 after I moved out and each month the electricity bill doubled. I was wondering how to go about disputing these charges. I have exhausted all my disputes with them with no results.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they refuse to honor your dispute, your next complaint is to the MI Public Service Commission, who regulates utilities: http://www.michigan.gov/mpsc
If the public service commission cannot resolve the complaint, your next step I am afraid is you will have to sue both Consumer Energy and also the Landlord since the landlord received electricity there and if Consumer Energy is owed money, the landlord owes it not you and the court would order the payment by the proper party.