Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

How can the average consumer get the best protection and justice

Customer Question

how can the average consumer get the best protection and justice against horrible charities such as cancer fund of america etc.charged by the FTC on may 19 2015
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
It is true that some charities only use few cents on the dollar towards the cause while paying their CEO's hundreds of thousands or even millions every year.
The best way is to spread the word, so to speak, with websites like the www.charitynavigator.org or www.charitywatch.org, which "grade" charities based on the numbers they report to the IRS and other public reports, and which name and shame charities which do not do a good job with one's money.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.