Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed in PA & NJ, Experienced attorney.
18572087

In December of 2013 I bought a used 1995 used van with specialty

Customer Question

In December of 2013 I bought a used 1995 used van with specialty wheel chair mobility access . I
Bought it from mobility works in Fresno ca.120 north diamond street, 93701. I felt I should buy an extended warranty whitch I purchased in April of 2014 they accepted my purchase the warranty from nwan total protection .bumper to bumper. In may of 2014 I took my van for some repair. To mobility on diamond van store where is the only place im allowed to have my van serviced. I have gotten a lot unanswered dionostic question and more excuses due to old parts not being found today is June 1 2014 and have not seen my van the warrenty says I have free rental but the are denying me because my van is parked in a shop where I have no idea.
.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
I am sorry, I am a bit unclear here. Do you mean that you purchased it in 2014, or 2013? Also, did you purchase the warranty, or did you simply assume that it was included under the purchase price? How long ago did you drop off the vehicle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I purchased the van in 2013. . In April of 2014 l purchased an extended warranty for 100.000 miles or four years. In may 2015 I took my van to get served I have not seen my van one month
Thank you for your follow-up.
Ideally, what do you hope to accomplish? What are you seeking to do? Do you want your van back or do you want to pursue them for damages, or both?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a forty one year old to break the
Cerbal palsy daughter who depends on the van for transportation she is confined to home with out her van. I feel this is injustice .that is the reason for thousans of dollars I paid for pretection. We feel like their hostages we didn't do any thing to break it. Yes I need my van back I don't want it to happen again there is much more to be said. I want both
Thank you for your follow-up.
As far as getting your van back, contact the owner of the shop and demand that it will become accessible to you. If they fail to do so, contact the police and file a theft report. That will likely be ignored but you can also file suit civilly for 'replevin', which is a return of personal property. In addition contact the insurer and demand an accounting of your insurance. Likewise contact your state's consumer protection division and file a grievance against the shop and against the insurer if the insurer is indeed refusing to cover what was covered under policy. In California you can get that done via the Department of Consumer Affairs. Their link is below:
http://www.dca.ca.gov/
Hope that helps!
Sincerely,
Dimitry, Esq.