Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Had a 2.5k deposit with a dealer and did sign some papers but

Customer Question

Had a 2.5k deposit with a dealer and did sign some papers but never finished all of them. After a month of being told they had no shipping info or vin# ***** found someone who did and purchased vehicle with them for 1k down now original dealer refuses to give anything back allthough they did absolutely nothing for me as a customer can they keep 2.5k dor doing nothing and delivering nothing but a migraine?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me:
1) What exactly did you sign? Is there anyway you can upload the information? See here.
2) Did you actually SIGN the sales contact, or not? What do you mean by not finishing the paperwork?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thought i had only signed papers for credit check. And only paper I left fealer with was debit deposit receipt for 2.5k dont ahve anything other then that receipt
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Are you sure that is ALL you signed, then? Nothing else?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Honestly thought that was it but am thinking of getting local lawyer to look over all paperwork. Because they had no problem taking money but after that never heard a thing from them unless i contacted them and kept getting same answer of they had no idea on shipping date or vin #
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Okay. Well, if you have the paperwork, you can upload it (see here) and I can take a quick unofficial look.
Or, you can TELL me what you signed (i.e. "I signed a sheet of paper for a deposit, but that is it. No words about this is non refundable," and I can go off this. I prefer you upload.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I am at work now and dont have access to any of that and doing this on smartphone during lunch break was just looking for options to think about in dealimf with them going forward
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Okay, no problem. Can you at least tell me what you signed?
The paperwork is very, very important.
Or perhaps we can pick up when you can upload later, perhaps?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will try later after work when at home and have access to more info
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good. If I am not online, I normally respond within 12 hours if not less.