Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I has an electrical licence from Trinidad and Tobago I need

Customer Question

I has an electrical licence from Trinidad and Tobago I need it to work in floriwhat do have to do ?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In FL you can become a certified contractor or registered contractor. A certified contractor passed the state licensing examination to become licensed. Certified licensees can work anywhere within the State of Florida. A registered contractor registered a local county or municipal certificate of competency with the
Electrical Contractors’ Licensing Board to become a state registered contractor. Registered licensees can only work in the counties or municipalities where they hold a local license.
You will have to take the electrical contractor's examination in Florida if that is where you want to work. Here is the information about applying for the FL license and the information for testing:http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/servop/testing/ElectricalExamInformation.html
If you want to become registered in only one city, you need to contact the city clerk for information on taking their registration test and getting registered.