Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.
11068102

A collector harassed family and friends...I sent a cease and

Customer Question

A collector harassed family and friends...I sent a cease and desist letter , they refused the mail and today I received a call saying they dont care about cease and desist letters and are moving forward...I have received zero in the mail about this alleged debt ...what courses of action do I have
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.
If it is a debt collection agency then you only have two choices, Report them to the government. That would be your state's Attorney General and the Federal Trade Commission at ftc.gov. They will lokely help but it usually takes a while for them to do so.
The next step after that is to fie a lawsuit yourself seeking damages against them for their actions. Likely you would want to sue in the federal court where you reside.
I will be going offline in just a minute but will be back tomorrow morning if you have additional questions.