Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

I have a question about my credit score which dropped 58 points

Customer Question

i have a question about my credit score which dropped 58 points a few days after i went over my secured credit card limit by $50.00 . its not 30 days past due or anything, and i will pay it down to 0 today, but i was curious if the score go back up again after 30 days or is there some way i can write a letter or do something to get the score back up by 58 points immediately or within a 30-60 day period?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.
I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.
Scores can go up and down regularly when there is activity on your accounts. Opening and closing accounts, going over limits etc, can cause this. Usually if the activity stabilizes the score will go back to its base within a month or so. This single event should not be cause for concern.
I hope the information I have provided is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.
Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.
If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.
Good luck.
Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello:
Thank you for the follow up and clarification.
Contact your lender and ask them if they can remove the report regarding going over your limit. You may also discuss increasing your limit.
Regardless, if this is the only issue it should go up itself within the next 30 to ninety days.
This article is useful on increasing your score.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/moneybuilder/2014/05/02/11-ways-to-raise-your-credit-score-fast/
I hope this additional information is helpful to you.
Kind regards,
Gerald
(Please do not forget to rate me. It adds nothing additional to your costs, but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good Karma for you. Thank you.)
This has reposted as requesting additional information. But there was no follow up question.
Do you need further assistance? or would you like this reposted for another expert? Let me know and I will be happy to assist you in either regard.
Thank you.
Kind regards,
Gerald
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please send me to another expert. thank you
OKAY. Thank you for your courtesy. Please do not rate my service otherwise the question may close.
I will opt out now.
Good luck.
Kind regards,
Gerald