socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

Just trying to figure out how long ins claim takes from jiffy

Customer Question

Just trying to figure out how long ins claim takes from jiffy lube. They didn't install my air filter back properly and it sucked up a bunch of gravel, dust. Its 17,000.00 to replace motor.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Insurers have a good faith duty to quickly settle a claim. Where liability is clear, that typically means no more than 30-60 days. If the insurer is not cooperating, then you can complain to the state insurance commissioner -- or, you can hire a commercial litigation attorney to sue the insurer for "breach of the covenant of good faith," which is the claim used when an insurer doesn't settle in a timely manner. I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using justanswer.com!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I just don't get why no one has contacted me or if this guys just lying about it and said he sent if off to his insurance? And what is ins going to offer? I just bought that pickup in dec2014 and it had work done to it buy gm dealership. That motor was the best Duramax made lbz. Last year before emissions, now I can't pull anything and I'm trying to clean up some property before selling it.. I have oil analysis and inspection of it from December 2014 not hard to show it ran fine but know turbos going blows smoke . just frustrating cause this jiffy
You're being "played" in my opinion. Contact the franchise manager and tell him/her to either provide the name of the liability insurer immediately, or you will hire a lawyer and sue. Otherwise, the franchise will just stall forever and hope you go away. I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using justanswer.com!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was thinking the same. There's cameras positioned at this jiffy lube. Is there a way I can get a copy of my vehical being serviced? And small claims is only 15grand, wich they can appeal and take it to reg court. If that happens can I up my amount I suing for? New motor was 17grand its put me in a bad spot not being able to use it. I brought this to there attention 5 days latter and was basicly ignored and lied to.. I run equipment for a living and do the service work also.
The only way you can get a copy of the video, is to sue. After you do that, you are entitled to demand production of any evidence that is "reasonably calculated to lead to the discovery of admissible evidence," which would include the videos of the service bay. I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using justanswer.com!
I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Thanks again for using justanswer.com!