CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
71563194

I have a motor home that I owe 19000 dollars on and can only

Customer Question

I have a motor home that I owe 19000 dollars on and can only sell it for 5000 dollars or so ..I know if I default I will have at least 7 years of terrible credit etc. but what other legal action from Bank of America can I expect. Serious medical bills have crushed my financesthank you
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
If you are in this serious a financial straight, consider filing bankruptcy (it is going to repair your credit far faster than allowing crushing debt to remain against you for years).To enforce their debt, the lender can sue you for breach of contract, get a civil judgment, and then garnish your wages (if you are working), levy on your bank account, and place liens on your personal and real property. If your income and assets are exempt (in most "no asset" cases the majority of your assets are exempt, income from Social Security, disability, and most retirement, is exempt) they cannot collect against these funds.