Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience in various consumer protection areas
19958803

I has my car repossessed today 52 days late on a

Customer Question

I has my car repossessed today for being 52 days late on a payment. Can I get my car back by making the payments current?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
Unfortunately, this would be entirely up to the creditor as most loan agreements only allow the debtor to redeem the vehicle by making full payment of the entire loan balance in addition to any repo costs to reclaim the vehicle at any time before the auction.
.
But there is nothing that would prevent the creditor from allowing you to reinstate the loan by paying all delinquent payments and repo costs, there is just not a statutory right to do so. So it is up to the creditor as to whether they would agree or not.
.
I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...
.
.
thanks