Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

A few months ago an item appeared on AT&T.com that I had a

Customer Question

A few months ago an item appeared on AT&T.com that I had a bill for something around $1200 and then shortly after there was an additional bill of something like $400+. A short time later those items disappeared and I did not think about it much about it,
but then within the last month for some reason I talked to two different AT&T experts, who told me that my "account" had been blocked and the account listed as "payable by cash only" because my credit card had been rejected some months ago by the bank. I was
not aware of that and I asked what number was listed for the credit card. At leasts one of those persons listed a credit card (ending in #6031, I think) that I have not had in about 18 months. I think I had a credit card with those numbers, but the Bank told
me that the card had been compromised and the bank sent me another card and it was compromised almost by the time I received it, so the Bank sent me a third credit credit card which I have used very reluctantly and it was not the credit card which AT&T was
using when AT&T blocked my use of a credit card. I do not know how AT&T found that number, but I suspect a google-chrome search could have found it. I am upset that AT&T did not tell me about incident sooner, but I find it very difficult to deal with AT&T
-- when I telephone them, all they ever want to talk about is "paperless billing" and they never want to discuss any problems I might have with AT&T. On the screen AT&T call themselves the "award winning service solvers" or some such description and I do not
know whom gave out that award. Ha! Some one within AT&T is seriously playing havoc with my credit. If you can be of any help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thomas L. *****@******.***
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
What is your specific question?