Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of proefessional experience
16823287

My United flight has been delayed and the United connections

Customer Question

My United flight has been delayed and the United connections now available are terrible. Can I make them put me on a different airline.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! My name is Maverick. I very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.
If the delay is for mechanical problems and it lasts more than 2 hours, then
United should book you on another airline with which it has an agreement with for re-booking. This language may be found in terms and conditions supporting your ticket.
If it is a weather issue or something beyond United's control, they have no obligation to re-book you on other airlines.
Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow-up questions thereafter at no charge. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.
If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place. Also, if you need a refund, just let me know and I will inform JA on your behalf. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR MAVERICK".
Thank you for using Just Answer. Best wishes for 2015!