Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of proefessional experience
16823287

When a buyer purchase a car and provide documents requested

Customer Question

When a buyer purchase a car and provide documents requested to show that another person was paying on a prior car that they both had in their names. After hearing from the lender to complete the deal however almost a week later the car seller tells the buyer he to have the other person who provided their bank statements showing the lender name and amount paid to fill out a credit application and she says NO. What are the rights of the buyer after having the car for a week now and being told will need to return the car?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! My name is Maverick. I very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.
Your rights are spelled out in your purchase contract with the seller. If you read the fine print, you will likely find a clause that says that the sale is contingent upon your being able to obtain financing. In this case, it does not appear that a bank is willing to finance your car without a co-signer. Thus, it is correct that you would have to return the car based on such language in the contract. If you do not find any language to that effect please let me know.
Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow-up questions thereafter at no charge. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.
If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place. Also, if you need a refund, just let me know and I will inform JA on your behalf. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR MAVERICK".
Thank you for using Just Answer. Best wishes for 2015!