Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I purchased a vehicle from the ford dealership on sat the 16th

Customer Question

I purchased a vehicle from the ford dealership on sat the 16th and it is in the shop today two days later i tried to tell them i didn't want the vehicle as it has been less then 48hrs and they will not give me my trade in back and told me i'm stuck!!
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a Consumer Protection litigation attorney licensed in Tennessee. I'll be glad to assist.
Unfortunately, there is no 3-day rescission period or 3-day cancellation window for virtually all purchases in Tennessee. There are some exceptions, but they are very limited. Thus, the dealership is correct that it doesn't have to let you out of the deal.
The ONLY exception would be if your contract calls for a rescission period - - which is possible, but not likely.
That said, you would have a claim under the Tennessee lemon law if the vehicle is new or is still under warranty. IF not, the only recourse would be to sue for misrepresented or issues that were not disclosed to you before the purchase that materially affect the value of the vehicle.