Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.
11068102

I CALLED A LOCKSMITH TO MAKE A KEY 2003 F150 PICKUP.

Customer Question

I CALLED A LOCKSMITH TO MAKE A KEY FOR MY 2003 F150 PICKUP. I BELIEVED MY ELECTRONIC KEY HAD FAILED. THEY SPENT AN HOUR AND ONE HALF, MADE A KEY THAT DIDN'T FIX ANYTHING. THEY SAID THEY NEEDED A $500.00 DEPOSIT, TO ORDER THE COMPUTER FOR THE IGNITION SYSTEM FOR THE TRUCK. THE NEXT DAY A DIFFERENT PERSON CAME OUT WITH THE COMPUTER, ONCE INSTALLED, HE FOUND THAT WAS NOT THE PROBLEM. HE SPENT TWO HOURS, AND FOUND THAT THE PROBLEM WAS NOT RELATED TO THE COMPUTER SYSTEM OR THE KEY. HE DIDN'T FIX ANYTHING, BUT CHARGED ME $300.00. LATER I FOUND OUT THAT THE $500.00 WAS NOT A DEPOSIT, BUT THE CHARGES FOR THE FIRST PERSON. I WAS RIPPED OF BY THIS COMPANY, BUT IS IT ENOUGH TO TAKE HIM TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.
Your question was:
IS IT ENOUGH TO TAKE HIM TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT?
This type of case is EXACTLY the type small claims court is meant to handle. The processes are simpler, it is designed for you to represent yourself, and everything moves faster.
You still have to take the time to prepare and make sure you are ready for trial (there is a good, inexpensive ebook on that at this site but many people take cases to small claims court for a few hundred dollars.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the time you provided me for my question
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
You're very welcome and best wishes to you on your case. Please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating (of course I’d suggest Excellent!) so I receive credit for my work.