Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Need help to find out if a towing company has the right to

Customer Question

Need help to find out if a towing company has the right to refuse service to a customer and make them come the next day after the customer was unreasonable refused to sign the invoice probably as per state law in Louisiana
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me more about what happened exactly and are you the customer or the company?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The company want to know if I have the right to refuse service to a unreasonable customer as a business owner I was told and fined yesterday by the state police even after I released the vehicle I still got finded
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Told me I had to provide service regardless of what the customer does
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
I see. I need more information, please.
1) Do you work for the company? If so, in what capacity - a contractor or an employee?
2) Define "unreasonable customer" - what happened?
3) Did you tow the vehicle? Did you store the vehicle? What was the issue - the towing or the storage?
4) If you have a citation code, I would appreciate it, or best yet, can you upload the citation here, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I own the company and towed the car away from private property customer comes to my business and disrespect my employee's and refused to sign the invoice correctly put f**k you on the first invoice and on another invoice put f**k that for the signature
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not at my office any more I left for the day I can get the citation number for you in morning
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just really want to find out as a Business owner if I have the right to refuse service cause any other company in the state has a right to refuse service to anyone
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
If possible, it would be extremely helpful if you could UPLOAD the whole citation in the morning. Let me know if this is possible.
I will also need to know how the police became involved. You can explain this to me NOW, or, once you reply with the citation number or the upload in the morning.
I am afraid I do not feel very comfortable with a blank YES or NO statement, and neither should you. I am guessing you'd want to know the reason why this all happened, and to provide a clear answer, I need that citation and a clearer explanation of what happened. You know what they say - the devil is in the details.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I refused to deal with the customer after what the customer did and he called local law enforcement and then local law enforcement called the state police who regulates the towing services and then I was forced to deal with the customer and still got a fine even after I released the vehicle
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, I see.
I would need the citation scan, or at least the citation number. Can you reply (now or whenever you are able) and provide either or both?