Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I got a loan from American web loan about 3 years ago for

Customer Question

I got a loan from American web loan about 3 years ago for 500 dollard after about 6 months I noticed they were still takeing money out of my accountwhich totaled about 2500 dollars Payless Financial contacted me and said they could help they told me exactly what to do and I followed their every word now 3 years later the loan company claims I owe 13,000 dollars to them and are serving me papers for court I was contacted this morning by phone that the papers will be served tommorrow arround 12 noonI am retired and live on a fixed income and do not have any kind of savings and if I totaled all my assets it barely comes to over 10,00 dollars what can I do?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.
Did they tell you that you had to pay them today by Western Union, Moneygram, MoneyPak, or Green Dot card?