Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I have military health care and my family relocated from south

Customer Question

I have military health care and my family relocated from south carolina to Pennsylvania in february. I had refills from my psychiatrist for bi polar disorder that PA had no problem filling. Unfortunately I cannot seem to get an appointment with a new psychiatrist for months and my doctor from south carolina will not write me another prescription or call in additional refills. Is that a law in south carolina? My insurance and pharmacy in PA has no problem with a new prescription but I just wanted to make sure that it is indeed a law in SC that they cannot write me another prescription. Any information would be helpful !
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Could you explain a little more?
What is the reason for the doctor's refusal to write you another prescription?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The nurse told me that I haven't been seen since January and that my psychiatrist had given me refills and he can not write me another prescription since I now live out of state. I cannot even be seen by a psychiatrist until September, and my Primary Health Provider won't see me until June 26th. I just don't understand how its illegal to write me a new prescription just because I live out of state. Especially since I can't stop taking my medicine without serious side effects
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a controlled substance though. Lamictal for bi-polar disorder. I am also on klonopin but I don't even care if I can get a refill on that.
Thank you for the information. After diligent search, I am not able to find information to either confirm or not confirm what the Nurse told you. So, I will opt out and give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.
Best wishes