Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Counselor Jim, I spoke to 2 customer reps re. My $340.00

Customer Question

Hello Counselor Jim,
I spoke to 2 customer reps re. My $340.00 cancellatio fee for setting up a connecton fee in my bebedroomall I needed was the equipment and restarting
Service to my room which already had the wall connections in place. I was a customer since 2008. When I requested the connection be reset up. This caused a new 2 year contract back on October 2014. WHY COULDN'T. THID BE PART OF MY ACTIVE CONTRACT? WHAT HAPPENS IS THEY START A NEW CONTRACT TIME FOR THE NEW BOX, REMOTE AND RECONNECT FOR MY BEDROOM.
I have a copy of the work order from a 3rd party installer. No wher does it have a date or mention of a 2 yr contract. So at $20.00 per month I will owe them $340.00 fo that extra service to my already active account. NO A HAPPY CUSTOMER! IT SEEMS LIKE ANY TIME I WANTED TO LOWER MY BILL IT SOMEHOW WENT UP. AS OF MARCH 31 I DROPPED DIRECTIVE. SO FAR MY BILL IS LOWER WITH COX AND I have MORE CHANNELS. Sorry for the long diatribe because of my frustration. They will not budge an inch on cancellation policy fees!!!!!
Thank you for your response. I'm. Stuck - right!!!!!!!
***** *****
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Did you make them send you a copy of the renewal agreement for adding in a new box connection? That is where you need to start.