Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

What should I do in the matter of? I was sold a auto and renters

Customer Question

what should I do in the matter of? I was sold a auto and renters insurance policy on 04/21/15 and paid with credit card set on auto pay for two cars my wife 17 year old son and I to be on the policy with son to be primary driver of one car both cars in my wife name. I was do to get license back from suspension the next day I told the man this. he sed that's fine when you get them send copy to me via email so I did but they had to be temporary permit because was exspire'd more than 6 months so we sent the copy to him as agreed on 04/22/15 got email with a thanks. he had sent the temporary cards on 04/21/15 to are email. money was processed from credit card on 04/23/15 so now we are happy and believed to be covered then on 05/01/15 my wife was in a no injury accident both cars had to be towed away when I calld to make the claim I was then told my policy had ben terminated on 04/22/15 with out any notice or legal reason why because my temps wasn't license I know that's not legl
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
The cancellation of your policy under the circumstances that you described is illegal. Your policy must be reinstated without further delay. Otherwise, you should file complaint with your State's Department of Insurance. Click on the link below for the complaint form:
https://www.insurance.ohio.gov/Consumer/OCS/Pages/ConsCompl.aspx
Your assessment of the situation is correct. The insurance company is trying to get away from not paying for property damage on the car(s). However, they must pay for the repair and also pay for towing charges.