Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

After being wrongly terminated at a job, my lawyer at the

Customer Question

After being wrongly terminated at a job, my lawyer at the time called me and asked me to quickly wipe everything I had relating to the job (wipe phone, computer, etc.). All of this data to be wiped was proof that clearly showed the unlawful termination
(proof would be an email, a text, a call log, etc.). This seemed very bizarre to me but I wanted to be as accurately lawful as possible. I can't have the knowledge of every law possible so I went through with the erasing process thinking this was the lawful
process to follow. Was this wrong on my lawyers part and are there any damages I can file against them for whatever reason they chose to initiate this request?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What type of data was it? Was it information that belonged to the employer that you were not entitled to take when you were terminated?
When you say you were unlawfully terminated, what do you mean?