Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

We live in Roseburg Oregon and we are trying to get my mom

Customer Question

We live in Roseburg Oregon and we are trying to get my mom on Medicade. My dad applied for it a while back but he had to do a spend down. He had too much money. So he did and has reached what they said. Now, they told us while we were sitting in the office producing all the paperwork and proof that they should have it all done within a week. That's been over a month ago. Nobody will follow through. Each time he calls they give him the runaround. Tell him they are back logged, etc. Is there a law regarding this. They have run out of money waiting for them to give him a claim number.
How long can they make him wait? While we were there they told us within a week. Now, they will hardly talk to him. Is this legal? He did what they demanded he do and now they don't want to help him. They meet all the standards now.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response: Unfortunately, the State of Oregon Medicaid applications are backlogged at this time and there is no firm date for your mother's application to be reviewed and approved. That is the state of the affairs at this time.
I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.