Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I have a mutual mistake with a plumber. I was mislead to a professiona

Customer Question

I have a mutual mistake with a plumber. I was mislead to a professional plumbing assessment that is proven by another expert to be false. I signed a bid propasal under the assumption by the plumber that would be covered by my homeowners insurance group. I'm in the process of being sued by the plumber. I can't speak with contractors board until my dispute is heard by the courts. My 30 day wait time for pre complaint notice for Oregon contractors board had not been met. The plumber has put a contractors lien on my home and proceeded to file a lawsuit.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The plumber's assured me that my plumbing would be covered due to the type of break in the drain pipe. The damage by water into the basement causing 3 bedrooms and a office to be worked on as detailed by the bid and proposal agreement. My home insurance sent their adjuster and found it was not the drain pipe broken but standing ground water thar caused the water damage onto the basement. I trusted a licensed plumber , he has 35 years of experience but could not by video of his assessment. I feel that it has cause some me some distress.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.
Is there a specific question with which I could assist?