Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

This question is attorney that is authorized to practice

Customer Question

This question is for an attorney that is authorized to practice law in the state of Texas only. consumer protection lawsuit/Warranty issue.
I have a problem with Aamco Transmission. In the end we may have to file a lawsuit. ***Right now I need an attorney to contact them on my behalf to arbitrate with them***
They sold me a 3 year unlimited mile warranty on a transmission. After paying for the transmission and getting the warranty booklet it states that: 1. If the truck is over one ton the warranty is void. 2. If the truck is used for commercial use the warranty is void. 3. If the truck is altered the warranty is void. My truck is all 3 and Aamco knew that it time of sale and still sold me the warranty. The warranty is the only reason I went with them. That's the main issue. So now I have a useless warranty.
They told me they were going to install a reconditioned transmission from Eaton transmission. They didn't do that at all. They installed a transmission from a company that makes foreign transmissions and not known for heavy duty domestic transmission.
I was then told I had to pay the difference in price for the unauthorized transmission or I could not have my truck till the bill was paid in full.
This project took over 3 weeks to complete was told it would only take 7 days.
I have been trying to find attorney to handle this case. most say they don't handle this kind of case or want $350+ and hour.
If you can handle this arbitration/case please respond.
I live in Oklahoma this happened in University city, Tx just outside of San Antonio, Tx
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Review Legal Documents + Write Legal Documents + Legal Discussion by Email + Legal Research on Case Law, Codes, etc.. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please note:
1) JustAnswer experts cannot represent customers as clients;
2) Nor can we refer you to specific attorneys because of ethical considerations.
We can of course discuss the options one may have, and also where to find a good attorney.
Would this be acceptable?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.