Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I'm not sure if this is being asked under the right

Customer Question

Hello. I'm not sure if this is being asked under the right category but I tried to settle a debt for my nephew (authorized by him) with a law firm and we agreed on the amount. I called repeatedly after speaking with him to make the payment but my calls were never returned. In the meantime, they sent in a judgment against him. It hasn't been entered yet but they say they cannot stop it from being entered. I reminded them it was their fault, I kept calling and getting a recording. They say they cannot do anything. I do not want this on his record. NY
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response: Of course they can. They can file Motion for Voluntary Withdrawal or do Stipulation of Dismissal so that the Court will not enter any Judgment in the case.