Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I bought a deep cherokee yesterday by trading in my nissan

Customer Question

hi I bought a deep cherokee yesterday by trading in my nissan altima. But , i have not taken cars possession since car was in different city which has to be brought to my city. I realised jeep cherokee has huge transmission problems.. now i want to back off and cancel my deal. is it possible since i signed my contract but didnot take car delivery
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. Were you aware of the transmission problems when you signed the agreement, or is this is a new issue that just came up? Please advise!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I wasnt aware of transmission problems but researched on net a lot and found multiple articles to support jeep has transmission issues. Thats why today morning was my delivery i declined to take my deal and requested to cancel my complete deal
Just a moment, you aren't sure if your particular vehicle has transmission trouble, merely that this type of a vehicle make and model has potential problems, correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am sure i checked with frnd as well. both jeep brand has same transmission problems ..
My apologies but I am unclear. Is this SPECIFIC vehicle listed as having transmission problems, or other than what you read about all other similar vehicles, there is a very large chance that it 'may' have such problems?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is Jeep cherokee which i bought has this problem. And also jeep cherokee higher end version which is jeep grand cherokee also has same problems. There has been severe complains on jeep cherokee transmission which I wasn't aware. My apologies for the confusion caused
How did you find out that this problem exists--did you take it to a mechanic for review, or when driving it, you heard or felt that the vehicle was not performing as it should be?