Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.
11068102

I have an order from the court to dissolve writ of garnishment.

Customer Question

I have an order from the court to dissolve writ of garnishment. How can I use this to have the judgement removed from the credit bureau?
Explanation of how it all happened: divorce paper awarded exhusband a camper and he had 90 days to remove my name from it. I stead, he filled and succeeded bancruptcy and allowed the camper to be repossessed. I went through a hearing awarding me "head of household" to dissolve writ of garnishment. Now how do I get this removed from the credit bureau?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.Is this in Florida? If not, which state?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes fl
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
A garnishment and a judgment are two entirely different things.Dissolving a writ of garnishment doesn't mean a judgment does not still exist so you can't use that order to get the judgment removed from your credit report.To do that you would have to file a Motion to Vacate Judgment or a Satisfaction of Judgment if the judgment was paid.