How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 33147
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an order from the court to dissolve writ of garnishment.

Customer Question

I have an order from the court to dissolve writ of garnishment. How can I use this to have the judgement removed from the credit bureau?
Explanation of how it all happened: divorce paper awarded exhusband a camper and he had 90 days to remove my name from it. I stead, he filled and succeeded bancruptcy and allowed the camper to be repossessed. I went through a hearing awarding me "head of household" to dissolve writ of garnishment. Now how do I get this removed from the credit bureau?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.Is this in Florida? If not, which state?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes fl
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
A garnishment and a judgment are two entirely different things.Dissolving a writ of garnishment doesn't mean a judgment does not still exist so you can't use that order to get the judgment removed from your credit report.To do that you would have to file a Motion to Vacate Judgment or a Satisfaction of Judgment if the judgment was paid.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions