P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16+ yrs. of legal experience.
11181181

I have been called to tell me i won 5000,ooo.oo in a sweepstakes

Customer Question

i have been called to tell me i won 5000,ooo.oo in a sweepstakes and they want me to send 500.00 dollard, the person i spoke with was david m. marvin? what do i do?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details. What to do? Nothing. You are describing a very common criminal scam. Criminals trick folks into depositing worthless checks in effort to steal from them. Please do not fall for this criminal scam. Ignore this person...or consider reporting to law enforcement. Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.