Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

About three years ago I had my motorcycle taken to a shop

Customer Question

Hi, about three years ago I had my motorcycle taken to a shop for some work. At the same time I was moving to a different city and was going to come back to pick up the bike when the work was done. The shop was aware of this. I told the no rush. Months later the shop called to say that they were moving and wanted to know if I wanted the work done now (at the time) or if I could wait while they moved to a new location. I told them I could wait. We had a brief conversation about if I still wanted the bike or not. I told him I did. They told me they would contact me when they got to work on my bike. I have not heard from the shop sine and I haven't made an effort to contact them about it (I had been dealing with some health issues and the motorcycle was the last thing on my mind).
I have been paying insurance on the bike this whole time. I'm not sure how to proceed since it's been three years. Any advice?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. If I may ask, what exactly are you seeking to accomplish at this point? Do you want the motorcycle back? Did they perform any sort of services to it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like the motorcycle back. As far as I know, no work has been done. It was going to have fairly simple repairs/ maintence (fluid changes and a carb clean)
Did you contact the mechanic and request that the motorcycle be returned? If so, what did the mechanic say to you as his response?