Law Pro, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years experience in consumer advocacy, debt collection violations, contracts, construction

I traded in a car that is registered in Canada and know the

I traded in a car that is registered in Canada and know the dealer can not get title on this car and wants me to take it back and return the trade in value to them. The contract for the purchase was signed and money. Exchanged. Do I have to take back the car or is this their problem
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be the attorney assisting you.

Did they inform you of why they can't get title?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They said they can't get title because it is registered in Canada and has to have a safety inspection and a government HS7 import form. Now shouldn't they have done their due diligence be accepting my car on a trade in. They would like me to pick up the cost for the inspection etc
Yes, they should have done their due diligence before hand. It's not your problem that they didn't perform their due diligence.

Now, if you want to - you could negotiate a substantial change of terms to do as they ask because you are under no legal duty to do such.

It's completely their problem and mistake - not yours.

They shouldn't have made the deal with you if they didn't know what they were doing and negotiating.

Moreover, one would think a "dealer" would absolutely know what they're doing - they should know or shouldn't be in business or should limit their deals.

This is strictly their problem. The only way I would give them any assistance is if they dramatically gave you a better deal. In fact, paid you a substantial sum to take the vehicle back.

Kindly do not forget to positively rate my answers so I can be credited for assisting you.

Thank you!

If you have any questions, about this or anything else, please ask for me, Law Pro, directly in the question and I will try to assist you as best I can.

For example, you would state, "This question is for Law Pro . . . (then on with your question).