Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  25 yrs. of experience in employment law, real estate and business law, family law, criminal defense and immigration.
20073497

used car purchased, dealer didnt tell me they had tried to

used car purchased, dealer didnt tell me they had tried to patch a leak. They are now trying to re-repair the fix they previously did. Do i have to accept this since i didnt catch that they did this prior to signing the contract to buy the car--i found the problem same day i took car home--they have had the car since last Friday and gave me back my existing vehicle as the loaner.

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help,

If the car you bought is not more than 2 years old or does not have more than 24,000 miles on it, the car can still qualify for protection under Iowa's Lemon Law.

If it is older than 2 years old or has more than 24,000 miles and you feel the dealer did not disclose material information which would have influenced your decision to buy this particular car, and you want to return the car, but the dealer will not take it back, you can force him to take it back by filing a formal Complaint with the Federal Trade Commission which is the Federal consumers' "watchdog",

www.ftc.gov

You can also tell the dealer that you are filing a Complaint with the Iowa State Attorney General's Office. This Office has the power and authority to investigate and prosecute car dealers and see that their license to do business is suspended or revoked,

http://www.iowaattorneygeneral.gov/index.html

Iowa has not adopted the Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices Act, but these acts are address in Sections 121.16 and 714.16 of Iowa Code. The Iowa State Attorney General my file a lawsuit against any business or person who engages in a practice which is described as "unlawful" in these Sections.

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you, it will not cost you anything additional to leave a positive rating, and that is the only way I can receive credit, Thank you for understanding,

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, Please rate a 10 as it gives me a greater opportunity to assist other customers on this website and is greatly appreciated,

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you,

ANDREA