stevewlaw
stevewlaw, Lawyer
Experience:  25+ years and millions of dollars in settlements representing consumers injured by defective products.
73182738

this is finance question if dealer sells me additional warranty,

this is finance question if dealer sells me additional warranty, can I return it if I change my mind?

stevewlaw :

Hi [USERNAME], my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do the best to help you. My advice is general only and does not create an attorney-client relationship. I assume is that this is relating to the purchase of a vehicle. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but similarly to the purchase of an automobile, there is generally no "cooling off" period relating to the sale of an additional or extended warranty. Like the car purchase contract, the extended warranty is a contract that, once signed, is a binding and legal agreement. That is not to say, however, that they can never be cancelled. If there were fraud or material misrepresentations that induced you to buy the agreement, then you might be able to get out of it. However, if it is merely because you're having buyers remorse or otherwise changed your mind, then I am very sorry to say that you are stuck with it.

stevewlaw :

I wish I had better news for you my friend and I wish there was something I could do to help, but absent the fraud or misrepresentation, there is not much we can do unless you ask them nicely and they voluntarily allow you out of the agreement as a gesture of good business and good faith. But they are under no legal obligation to do so.

Customer: i haven't sign up up contract yet, I only sign spot delivery, can I take back my deposite, looks like this sellers trying to get everything out of me
Customer: ?
stevewlaw :

It depends on whether or not the deposit is not refundable. It depends on what the deposit receipt or any other document you may have signed says regarding the refundability of the deposit. ORdinarily such deposits are refundable, unless they clearly state otherwise in witing.

stevewlaw :

If you honestly feel that the seller is trying to take advantage of you, I would get my deposit back and find another dealer that you trust and do your business with the other dealer.

Customer: what is hot spot delivery?
Customer: and I used credit card also I always dispute charge as I think I was putted under pressure
stevewlaw :

I have never heard of "hot spot delivery" and have no idea what it means. I am sorry.

stevewlaw :

Yes, you may dispute the charge. I would do that in addition to letting the dealer know that you are cancelling the transaction.

stevewlaw :

It is very unfortunately when people do not do business honestly and fairly. It reflects negatively even on the good businesses.

Customer: and If I haven't signed contract what is the point of deposite?
stevewlaw :

I am sorry, I don't know the details of your transaction my friend so I can't really comment on the point of the deposit. Since you paid the deposit, what did you think it was for?

stevewlaw :

Here is an article i just found on "spot delivery" relating to car sales. the information may be helpful to you. http://www.edmunds.com/car-loan/dont-fall-prey-to-spot-delivery-scams-and-yo-yo-financing.html

Customer: I left deposite so they can get paper work ready for tomorrow
stevewlaw :

Did you take the car home with you?

stevewlaw :

Here is a New Jersey law firm that specializes in spot delivery "scams" - you may want to call them in the morning my friend...http://www.lemonlaw.com/spotdelivery.html

stevewlaw : Customerit appears that you've gone offline, perhaps due to the time. I don't know if I have much more to add. I would go to the dealer in the morning and see if they will let you out of the transaction. Though since, as you said, you signed no contract that should not be a problem. I wish you the best. Please let me know how things turn out.
stevewlaw :

Thank you for your positive rating. I will check back in the morning to see how things are going. Have a good evening.

Customer: thank I already lock my card
Customer: i ll go to dealer tomorrow