Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience in various consumer protection areas

If my wages are garnished due to a credit card debt, can they

If my wages are garnished due to a credit card debt, can they take more than the amount listed on the court order? My employer just informed me of the amount, when it starts, how much per pay period to stop 4/11/14. If you calculate the amount per pay period and when it stops, it's more than the amount on the order.
Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
One thing that you may not be considering is that the creditor is allowed to add in their court costs and attorney fees to the actual judgment. These may not have been added in to the original judgment from the court because the creditor doesn't know how much their attorney fees will end up being until the representation is over. So if the creditor gets a judgment against you for $10K and then the attorney sends his last bill, the creditor gets to add that into the judgment.
There is also interest that accrues on an outstanding judgment at a rate of 6% that is factored in that can make the actual amount paid higher than the judgment amount.