Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I purchased my car in March 2012 - on the drive home from the

I purchased my car in March 2012 - on the drive home from the purchase of this new car the radio stopped working. Not a great start to my ownership of this vehicle. Since then the radio was fixed or replaced 6 times - April 2 2012, April 25 2012, May 14 2012, July 3 2012, Aug 14 2012, and Feb 14 2013. It now isn't working again and frankly I don't have time to constantly be driving to the dealership and waiting around for them to fix it. Likewise I am fed up with paying for a car where the radio works for a period of time then doesn't work again. Is this covered under the lemon law for Nevada?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Was the vehicle purchased new or used?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my vehicle was purchased new. It is a Mazda, and I have emailed mazda directly now because I am just fed up with dealing with a dealership which is 30-45 min drive away. I have not yet had a response from Mazda and I emailed them last week.

Thank you for your reply.

The NV lemon law covers any defect or condition that substantially impairs the use and value of the motor vehicle to the buyer. This is referred to as a nonconformity. If the radio is impairing the use (not likely) or the value (more likely) then you have the right to file the lemon law claim. If the manufacturer or dealer is unable to conform the motor vehicle to any applicable express warranty by repairing or correcting a nonconformity
after a reasonable number of attempts, the manufacturer must either replace or repurchase the motor vehicle. The reasonable number of attempts in NV is 4.

Thus, you need to file a lemon law claim with the manufacturer and dealer in writing attaching your proof of service on the problem. If they refuse to honor the claim you can file a complaint with the NV attorney general's consumer protection unit who would mediate the dispute and if they cannot resolve it then you would have grounds to sue the manufacturer for damages and losses.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as http://www.martindale.com or http://www.lexmundi.com or http://www.hg.org to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.