CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
71563194

Would you be interested in suing an American company for two

Would you be interested in suing an American company for two new Zealand greyhound trainers.We have all documents that you would require.We purchased a product from Australia via America that was supposed to be safe and legal and it had caffeine in it.It resulted in us getting positive swabs,nearly losing our licences as trainers,big fines loss of stake money and destroying our reputation as trainers.We race greyhounds in new Zealand for a living and this company has got a lot to answer for.So far they don't want to know and hope we just go away but we are not.

William B. Esq. :

Thank you for using our service. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you today.

Unfortunately, I am not permitted to accept clients on this forum (we are limited to offering general legal information). I can however give you a couple of sites that will be helpful in locating a local civil litigation attorney. You can find attorneys on the State Bar Association’s website; Martindale Hubble: (http://www.martindale.com/); or, on AVVO: (http://www.avvo.com/find-a-lawyer).

To keep costs down, I recommend finding an attorney that is working in a small firm or as a solo practitioner. A newer attorney usually charges slightly less than a more experienced attorney, while the more experienced attorneys are usually a little more efficient. In the end, you need to find an attorney that you feel comfortable with, and it is okay to speak with more than one before retaining one.

William B. Esq. :

I hope the above is helpful, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to let me know and I will follow up quickly.

Thank you for using our service, please do not forget to rate my answer when you are satisfied.

Customer:

Thankyou for your reply.Would it be possible for you to recommend a litigation lawyer as this could be a big case as this is a serious matter in new Zealand greyhound racing.The product was sold as no illegal substances and the company stated this but we have proof that there was an illegal substance and we have had stake money taken off us of up to nearly $13,000.00.Fines of $8000.00 plus costs.And destroyed our reputations as trainers,how much is that worth?Originally we were only asking for $10,000.00 for reputation being destroyed as well as stake money and fines but they didn't want to know.Now they are in big trouble and we will do them for as much as we can on a no win no fee basis but I think there will be more than enough money to go round.

William B. Esq. :

Unfortunately, I am not permitted to give a specific recommendation, but using one of the sites above you can find a general directory that can be of assistance. If you provide me the location within the US where this occurred I can give you the state bar association attorney referral service as well.

Your damages in a civil suit would include the lost stake money, the fines, and any other losses in the transaction. You could likely also recover money through a cause of action for fraud which would carry punitive damages in addition to compensatory ones.

Customer:

The area is La Jolla California if that makes sense.Thankyou for your help so far it is really appreciated.

William B. Esq. :

That is in San Diego County, the San Diego Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Page can be found here: https://www.sdcba.org/index.cfm?pg=MainLRIS

William B. Esq. :

You can also try the State Bar website, it has a larger database, but it is less specific to that geographic area: http://www.calbar.ca.gov/

Customer:

Thankyou for your information .I will look them up and find someone suitable.You have been very helpful.I will keep you updated if you are interested.

William B. Esq. :

You are welcome. I do hope you are able to locate a compatible attorney shortly. You will probably not want to post status reports through this format as it is not protected by the attorney client privilege. I can continue to answer other general legal questions regarding the matter in the future if you like, but posting the status alone is probably not necessary.

Customer:

ok thanks