JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Wide experience in consumer rights law.
16110456

I have signed a contract for some home improvement work. Since

I have signed a contract for some home improvement work. Since then I have found some unfavorable information about the contractor. The contract was signed less than 30 days ago. Can I cancel it?

I am a professional here to assist you. I appreciate your use of this service. There is not a right to rescind a contract such as what you describe. If a homeowner breached such a contract, the cotractor may file a civil suit. If the contractor has not purchase supplies or started work, it may be possible to resolve the matter. If you identify your concerns you may be able to obtain assurances or negotiate to terminate the agreement.

Please follow-up as needed. I would really appreciate a positive service rating.

Thank you