Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

HOW TO REMOVE CHARGE OFF FROM MY CREDIT REPORT .I need lawyer

HOW TO REMOVE CHARGE OFF FROM MY CREDIT REPORT .I need lawyer that has experience doing that effectivly not to tell me do google search .
I am here for effective legal advice and and effective legal strategy step by step to remove it.
A lawyer that has excellent track recrdfor doing it.
Do not tell me go to lawyer refferal service.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response: The only way that you can legitimately remove a charge off from your credit file is if you dispute the charge. Regardless of what you have read or promises that have been made to you by some companies to make the charge-off disappear, you can only remove the charge-off if your account is not supposed to be charged off in the first place. Otherwise, disputing a charge-off that you know to be legitimate just to get it removed is fraudulent.

Assuming that the charge-off is not supposed to be on your file, you would dispute the account with the Credit Reporting Agencies ("CRAs"). Pursuant to Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA"), the CRAs have up to 45 days to investigate the dispute and send you the results. As part of this inquiry, the CRAs would send inquiries to the collector/creditor ("reporter") to confirm or correct the information. If the reporter responds to the CRAs’ inquiries and confirms the information, the charge-off— the derogatory information would stay on your file. You may then file lawsuit against the reporter to force them to remove the information from your credit file. On the other hand, if the reporter does not respond to the inquiries, the CRAs would delete the information from your credit file.