Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Is there a grace to get out of a lease on a car if I

Is there a grace period to get out of a lease on a car if I have not taken delivery of the vehicle and did not put the required amt down for the transaction whick was supposed to be 800 and I only gave them 100
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 9 months ago.
Hello, did you sign a contract and if so, when? also what state was the sale in?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Yes I did sign a contract and asked the dealer if I cahange my mind can we cancel the deal and get my 100 dollars back and he said that he would do that for me

When was it signed and what state is this in? From what you mentioned, you have a common law right to cancel based on seller misrepresentations to you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

It was signed a couple of hours ago

In what state?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Massachusetts

he FTC's three-day cooling-off period applies to sales of goods priced at $25 or more. It does not apply to sales of real estate, insurance, securities, or emergency home repairs. In Massachusetts, there are similar three-day rights for door-to-door sales. There are also statutes providing a three-day right to rescind for second mortgages, timeshares, health club contracts, and home improvement contracts. Here you have a right to cancel based on seller misrepresentations. Is the answer acceptable?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

the does this include car leases

Unfortunately Massachusetts like the majority of all states, does not give the consumer a three day right to cancel when it comes to new or used vehicle purchases. However, you have a right to cancel based on seller misrepresentation, fraud and breach by telling you that you could cancel at time of sale on which you relied. Best of luck. Kindly click on a positive rating.
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience: Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.