Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  25 yrs. of experience in employment law, real estate and business law, family law, criminal defense and immigration.
20073497

Answer a complaint in credit account collections case

Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you,

You will not find anything on the internet because an Answer to a Complaint must be very specific and it must relate to each specific paragraph of the Complaint. For example, do you see how there are numbered paragraphs in the Complaint ? The Answer must also be in numbered paragraphs and each paragraph number must correspond to the same number in the Complaint. Here is an example of what I mean, Suppose the Complaint alleges the following,

1. Plaintiff is Primary Bank

2. Defendant is XXXXX XXXXX

3. Defendant was issued a credit card by Primary Bank

4. Defendant used the credit card to purchase merchandise valued at $2,000, but has failed to pay

ETC.

The Answer to the Complaint would read as follows:

1. Admitted.

2. Admitted

3. Denied. Defendant specifically denies that Plaintiff issued Defendant a credit Card and strict proof thereof is demanded at trial. To the contrary, Defendant alleges that Plaintiff might have issued a credit card to Defendant's wife, XXXXX XXXXX, for which Defendant never signed and never agreed to any liability for the use of said credit card by said XXXXX XXXXX.

4. Denied. Defendant specifically denies that Defendant ever used the aforesaid credit card at any time, nor did Defendant sign for any purchases, and strict proof thereof is demanded at trial.

And so on and so forth

You can see how the Defendant's Answer relates to each numbered paragraph in the Plaintiff's Complaint. This is why there is no standard form of Answer that could be found on the internet.

I can assist you in preparing an Answer if you can send the complaint with which you were served, however, there would be an additional cost for the preparation of an Answer to the Complaint. But, even if you do not avail yourself of this service, be sure that you file an Answer with the Court within the required time which is usually Twenty days or thirty days, depending on which Court the Complaint was filed in. The Complaint should state on the first page the number of days you have within which to file your Answer,

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you, it will not cost you anything additional to give me a positive rating, and that is the only way I can receive credit, Thank you for understanding,

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, Please rate a 10 as it gives me a greater opportunity to assist other customers on this website and is greatly appreciated,

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you,

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: 25 yrs. of experience in employment law, real estate and business law, family law, criminal defense and immigration.