Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney,16 years experience in consumer protection areas
19958803

This is regarding a real estate contract. I Signed contract

This is regarding a real estate contract. I Signed contract to sell my house for $141,500, "as is". It was listed at $136,000. The buyers have no money so $5500 was added for their closing cost and I am giving them at closing the $5500. They had Rural Development as loan, then after contract was signed they switched to FHA. The house appraised for $141,500, but I have to do certain things to bring it up to FHA standards. I signed "as is".
Am I locked in to this contract and have to make these repairs?
Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
.
No, you don't have to make any repairs unless you want to. When a house is sold "as is" then you are selling it as it sits, defects and all. Since the seller changed their lender to someone who found things that they want repaired, that is up to them to have the repairs made if they want to get a loan from that lender. An inspection report is not a "honey do list" that the seller has to complete in an "as is" sale.
.
With that said, if the repairs aren't made, the lender won't make the loan and the whole deal will fall apart.
.
.
Thanks