Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.

I contacted Dominion East Ohio Gas for my account number to

I contacted Dominion East Ohio Gas for my account number to make payment through bank account. I made payment of $306.00. My gas was turned off. Not paying attention due to workers building home in my area. I thought that they had something to do with the water being cold. I got a bill stating that my gas was turned off due to none payment. I contacted dominion and Terry told me that he found my payment and that I now owe over $2000 dollars for previous times gas turned off and back on. I said hold on how did you come up with this amt. When everytime my gas was turned on an agreement was made to pay pass due amount in 3 payments which I have paid every bill that was sent to me. Then I asked when will my gas be turned back on I made the payment of bill that was sent. Terry told me that it was not until I pay $2000+ or in Oct when the govt allow $175 restore payment. I have been going back and forth with Dominion and they claim that I have received bills stating that I owe over $2000+ when I have paid every bill that was sent to me. I need help!
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you have paid every bill and your bills were up to date, if you cannot get the PUCO and BBB to resolve this matter and the company cannot prove where you owe this money, I am afraid your last recourse with them is you have to sue them in court for unlawfully turning off your gas through their own mistake and now trying to charge you for the mistake they made. At this point you need to contact a local consumer protection attorney and consider pursuing this company in court not only for the unlawful shut off, but for any damages you incurred because of the unlawful shut off.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you!

Thank you. Please do not forget to leave excellent feedback.