How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 5398
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney experienced in consumer protection law.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

to file a small claims in court but no correct address for

This answer was rated:

to file a small claims in court but no correct address for the plaintiff, all the invoices he submit are not identifiable by the post office, what can I do next to deliver the demand letter?

Hi, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m happy to assist you with your question today.


What you'll need to do is hire a process server to locate and serve the complaint on the defendant. They usually cost around $50 to do this, but they'll provide you a proof of service to file with the court and you'll not have to worry any further about getting proper service on the defendant.




I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX wish you all the best with this matter.


John and other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how do I get or find a process server?

Rose, you can find them at this website

Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions