lwpat, Attorney at Law
Experience:  35 years of business experience and a practicing attorney.

If I close a credit card with a balance on it will it hurt

If I close a credit card with a balance on it will it hurt my credit? I have never been late.
I have never been asked to choose an attorney to answer my question. I am a member. I don't understand.
Thanks for using JA. I will do my best to answer your questions. DON’T FORGET, your deposit is not used to compensate me until you rate my service. I am not sure why you were asked to chose an attorney since we do not see that side of the site but you can click on the various categories and possibly that is what happened. Closing the account with a balance on the it will not hurt your credit as long as you continue to make the required payments until it is paid off.