LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Research Attorney; Private Practice; Attorney Mentor; Mediator
63726236

I HAVE A NETSPEND DEBIT CARD....THEIR COMPANY HAS OVER 1K COMPLAINTS..

I HAVE A NETSPEND DEBIT CARD....THEIR COMPANY HAS OVER 1K COMPLAINTS... HOW DO I GO ABOUT FILING THE MOST SERIOUS COMPLAINT TO SHUT THEM DOWN

LegalGems :

Hi! LegalGems here. I have extensive consumer law experience and will use this to assist you with your issue today. The most serious complaint would be a fraud allegation supported by clear and convincing evidence, filed with the attorney general. Generally, in order to get the attorney general's office involved, they need to receive complaints from more than one person, as their goal is to protect consumers, as opposed to one individual. http://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company If their office's investigation reveals that many consumers are being defrauded, they can suspend and or revoke their business license, impose a fine, and provide restitution to the victims. Another option is to contact attorneys that specialize in class action lawsuits, as this will put a lot of pressure on the company if the firm determines there is cause to bring a class action. You can see if there are any pending class actions at www.topclassaction.com If you want to pursue a class action, you can contact a consumer law attorney by using the bar's referral information to ensure they are in good standing: http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Public/LawyerReferralServicesLRS.aspx It is imperative that you ask the attorney how much experience they have in class actions, as this is a whole separate type of law from a procedural viewpoint. But again, if there are many complaints out there, the attorney general's office is an effective avenue.

JACUSTOMER-kbiat6xy- :

THANKS

LegalGems :

You are very welcome. Did you need anything else?