Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

I purchased a classic car online sellers add claimed the car

I purchased a classic car online seller's add claimed the car had a rebuilt engine with 60,000 miles on it.
When I received the car the engine is shot needs total rebuild at a cost of $3000.
seller is a dealer and will not respond to emails or phone calls.

What are my options??

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

If the seller affirmatively misrepresented the condition of the car by stating that the engine had been rebuilt, and it hasn't, you have the ability to sue for the $3,000 that it would cost to rebuild the engine. The other option is to sue for a full refund, at which point you would be required to return the car.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.