Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.
11068102

Last year we got a burglar/fire alarm system.

Last year we got a burglar/fire alarm system. Didn't know it was a 42 month agreement. Going to retire in 8 months and need to cut expenses. Can I get out of it economically?

They did install smoke/motion/carbon monoxide detector and a small message center. They could have it all back.

Dwayne B. :

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

Dwayne B. :

No, not economically. The burglar alarm companies are used to people wanting to get out of their contracts and have gotten very, very good at making them air tight.

Dwayne B. :

Nothing in your facts suggests an easy way out for you on the contract.

Dwayne B. :

This is, of course, assuming that you have a written contract in place.

Dwayne B. :

The only thing I can suggest is taking the actual contract to a local lawyer and letting them look it over to see if the contract has any "loopholes" in it.

Dwayne B. :

The website is showing you are offline so I will exit so I can assist other customers. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions that you have in this thread. However, please do not issue a rating until our interaction is complete and all of your questions have been answered.

Dwayne B. :

I also understand that this answer may not be one that is what you wanted to hear but it is correct and I hope you understand that I have no control over what the law is, I can only provide correct information.