Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer

I have a 2013 Dodge Ram with just over 14k on it. It is randomly

I have a 2013 Dodge Ram with just over 14k on it. It is randomly miss firing. The dealer cant duplicate the problem now for two weeks. I told them that I was seeking legal advise. Now after I said that an hour later they have taken apart my engine saying they think they know what it is. On top of that they tried to talk me into trading it in for a less of a truck for the same money. The radio don't shut off when it should and the dash will turn on by itself with out the key in the ignition. Same as the engine noise they have no answers. The dealership is located in RI.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

The Rhode Island lemon law protects owners of new vehicles for one year from the date of purchase or 15,000, whichever comes sooner. Depending on when you bought the truck, you may be protected by the state's lemon laws. The law says that your car is a lemon if the same problem requires four or more repair attempts or if the vehicle is out of service due to repairs for at least 30 days.

You are under no obligation to accept a lesser vehicle. The dealer must repair the truck you bought within the 30 days, give you a replacement, or give you a full refund. If they refuse to do so, you'll be able to sue under the state's lemon law provisions. If they will not help or work with you, it may help to have a local attorney send them a demand letter, reminding them of your legal rights.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.