Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.

Ok.. so I bought 2 cars almost a year ago, the dealer inflated

Ok.. so I bought 2 cars almost a year ago, the dealer inflated the price of my car, a Cadillac CTS 2009, and the car I bought for my son, a Dodge Magnum 2006, I trade it a Hyundai Sonata, but come to find out they use the Hyundai for both cars. Shows paid off on my son contract and shows the balance on my car.. I did not know this when they did the deal.. I found out by looking at the contracts. also they put the my car was fully loaded when is not, it has nothing.. only XM radio, no navegation, blue tooth, nothing.. The paymetns are really high, 640 a month, they promise to refinance the car after 6 months.. I tried that and nothing, no refi.. since March they are promising to paint the car, nothing.. long story short, I'm stuck on a car that's worth $13K and I owe 26K. they added the fll balance of the other car to my loan, I gave $3K down payment and my son $4K I believe.. Both cars are under my name and I have been tryin to work with them to reduce the payments or trade like they promised and nothing.. SO I want to know if I have any legal rights.. thank you
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If they have breached their contract with you or they misrepresented the terms of your deal in the contract, then this is a breach of contract for which you have 5 years in VA to sue them over. If the dealer made material misrepresentations in your contract then this is a breach of contract and you need to start by sending them a letter informing them of the exact breaches and misrepresentations they committed and inform them that if they do not remedy the situation you will file a complaint with the Motor Vehicles Dealer Licensing Division and also the Attorney General's consumer protection unit for their unfair and deceptive business practices and misrepresentation. If they refuse to settle the matter at that point, then you can file your complaints and if the Dealer Licensing Division or Attorney General cannot resolve the matter, then you would have rights to sue for breach of contract and misrepresentation.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.